Using Paid Search and Paid Social Advertising for Measurable Results
Paid search, also known as search engine marketing (SEM) or pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, is a form of online advertising where businesses pay to appear in search engine results when users enter specific keywords or phrases. The most popular platform for paid search is Google Ads, followed by Bing Ads. Paid search ads typically appear at the top or bottom of search engine results pages (SERPs) and are marked as ads.
How does paid search work?
Paid search works on a bidding system. Advertisers bid on specific keywords or phrases that are relevant to their products or services. When a user searches for those keywords, the search engine’s algorithm determines which ads to display based on factors such as bid amount, ad relevance, and overall quality of the ads.
Advertisers pay only when users click on their ads, hence the name pay-per-click.
Benefits of paid search:
1. Increased visibility: Paid search allows businesses to appear prominently at the top of search results, increasing their visibility and brand awareness among users actively searching for relevant products or services.
2. Targeted reach: Advertisers can target their paid search ads based on factors such as location, language, demographics, and even specific devices or operating systems. This targeting capability ensures that ads are shown to the most relevant and interested audience.
3. Measurable results: Paid search platforms provide detailed analytics and reporting, allowing advertisers to track and measure the performance of their ads. This data helps businesses optimize their campaigns, identify successful keywords, and make data-driven decisions.
Paid social, or social media advertising, involves placing paid ads on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. These ads are designed to appear seamlessly within users’ social media feeds, in the form of sponsored posts, stories, or video ads.
How does paid social work
Paid social advertising allows businesses to target their ads based on various criteria like age, gender, location, interests, behavior, and even connections. Advertisers define their target audience, set a budget, and create engaging ad content.
The social media platform then displays these ads to users who fit the specified targeting criteria. Advertisers pay when users engage with their ads, such as clicking through to their website or liking, sharing, and commenting on their posts.
Benefits of paid social:
1. Audience targeting: Social media platforms offer sophisticated targeting options to reach specific audience segments. This ensures that businesses can deliver their ads to individuals who are more likely to be interested in their products or services, increasing the chances of engagement and conversion.
2. Engagement and brand building: Paid social ads provide an opportunity to engage with users directly on social media platforms, allowing for likes, comments, shares, and even direct messages. This interaction helps businesses build brand loyalty, increase social media following, and generate buzz around their products or services.
3. Visual storytelling: Social media platforms are inherently visual, making it easier for businesses to showcase their products or services creatively. Paid social ads leverage imagery, videos, and other multimedia elements to create compelling content that captures users’ attention and encourages them to take action.
In conclusion, using paid search and paid social is crucial for businesses looking to make the most out of their digital advertising efforts. Paid search provides businesses with increased visibility, targeted reach, and measurable results, while paid social allows for precise audience targeting, engagement, and brand building.
By using paid search and paid social strategies in their marketing mix, businesses can enhance their online presence, reach a wider audience, and drive valuable conversions.
Interested in using paid search and paid social in your business strategy? Let’s set up a free consultation today!